Friday, March 2, 2012
Strikethrough Shortcut Key in Word
I tried finding many websites to find shortcut for strike through.
Instead I found it much easier to assign keyboard shortcuts for strike through or any operation you need a shortcut.
Steps to Follow:
- Press Ctrl+D [Choose Font from Format Menu].
- Hold down Ctrl+Alt+plus sign from Numeric keypad.Then mouse turns to Clover symbol. [⌘]
- Click on Strike through checkbox in Font dialog box.
- Word displays customize keyboard dialog box enter new short cut key.
- Select any key combination which is currently [UNASSIGNED]. you can prefer Alt+Shift+S or Ctrl+Alt+S.
- Click assign , so that the shortcut key is used for strikethrough.
- Click close and click OK .
Select the word and use shortcut to apply strikethrough.